Your safety and the safety of those in our church is incredibly important. That’s why we at First Baptist Centre have developed protocols that will allow us to return to in-person activities safely. At the same time, we recognize that not everyone will feel comfortable attending in-person, so we welcome you to watch online so you can still participate in worshiping God with us.
Here’s some of what you can expect when you visit First Baptist Centre:
Before You Arrive
- We encourage you to wear a mask. You may bring your own mask, and we will have masks available for those who do not have one.
During Your Visit
- In our worship spaces and Sunday school rooms, we have determined the maximum seating capacity that allows for safe social distancing according to CDC guidelines and set capacity limits accordingly.
- We ask that you do not congregate in large groups outside the sanctuary, in the hallways, or under the portico at the entrance.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building, especially near entrances.
- Social distancing is encouraged. This applies to everyone except those within a family unit.
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place—such as sanitizer fogging and wiping-down of all surfaces. We will perform sanitation measures before and after each worship service and Sunday school class.
- Only one family may use the elevator at a time.
After Worship/Traveling to Sunday School Classrooms
- If you are attending 9am Sunday School on the first floor, please wait in the hallways and lobby until sanitizing has been completed. Those attending 9am Sunday School on the second floor will be asked to wait in the second floor hallway or on the walking track.
Other Safety Measures
- Our sanitation team will disinfect our entire facility at least once per week.
- We may close for a period of time if serious safety concerns arise. Adjustments to our schedule will be communicated via our website, email, and social media. However, it is our intention to continue to live stream worship, even if members and visitors cannot attend worship in-person.
We understand that, unfortunately, not everyone will feel comfortable returning to worship in-person. Our church commits to collective prayer for the vulnerable in our community and everyone who has experienced the wide-ranging impacts of COVID-19. If there is any way we can support you, please contact the church office at (256) 927-3316. Worship will be different but the God we worship remains the same.